You may not have any solid foods after midnight prior to your surgery or 8 hours prior to your surgery time. You may have clear liquids only in small amounts until 3 hours prior to surgery, then nothing by mouth within 3 hours. This would include water, black coffee, apple juice and tea.
- Medications normally taken should be taken, unless otherwise instructed by this office. Take medications with a sip of water only. If taking over-the-counter herbal and vitamin preparations, please discontinue for two weeks prior to your procedure. This also includes any body building medications.
Do not smoke the day prior or the day of your surgery.
A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home and stay with them until they are sufficiently recovered to care for themselves. This may be up to 24 hours.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes, preferably sneakers.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold or fever please notify the office. We may have to change your scheduled surgery date.